Thursday, August 13, 2009
Are you planting enough seeds?
One day. a guy decides that he wants to grow an apple tree in his backyard. So he walks into a garden store asking for the highest quality seeds so he can grow his tree. The store clerk gives him a bag with a bunch of seeds in it. The man tells the clerk that he doesn't need a bag. He just needs one or two of the best seeds.
The store clerk tells him that one or two of the best seeds are in the bag, but "we can't tell which one is which so you have to plant them all."
Life works exactly the same way. Many times we go out and reach for that dream or that special goal and we fall just short. That's because we didn't plant enough seeds.
1. The more people you meet (planting seeds), the more likely you will find someone interested in what you have to offer.
2. The more people you find interested in what you have to offer, the more appointments you make.
3. The more appointments you make, the more sales you make.
If you're not making enough sales, that's because:
1. You're not making enough appointments
2. If you're not making enough appointments, that's because you didn't find enough people interested in what you have to offer.
3. If you didn't find enough interested people, that's because you didn't meet enough people.
You didn't plant enough seeds.
You have to plant the seeds. You have to get out there.
In a club if a guy asks a girl to dance, and she says no, he has a choice: "Ask someone else or sit down?" If he keeps asking different ladies, someone is bound to say yes. But if he quits and sits down after asking one or two people, NO ONE WILL SAY YES.
But planting seeds, takes work. It takes guts to plant the necessary amount of seeds.
But not everyone is willing to do this; you need to get out of your comfort zone.
To get out of your comfort zone, YOU NEED A WHY.
ARE YOU PLANTING ENOUGH SEEDS???